AEO Key Stats
- American Eagle Outfitters: Fundamentals Remain Strong Despite A Weak Quarter May 24
- Abercrombie, Aeropostale get roughed up May 24
- Retail Wreck: Abercrombie and Aeropostale Slump The Exchange May 24
- Abercrombie Misses, Latest In String Of Weak Reports May 24
- Which Apparel Retailer Is Worth Buying Now? Fool May 24
- As S&P Notches Slim Losses, Retailers Feel a Chill May 24
- If Investors Won't Buy Retailers, Private Equity Will! May 24
- AMERICAN EAGLE OUTFITTERS INC Files SEC form 8-K, Results of Operations and Fina... May 24
- Retail Bargains on the Table May 24
- Can Abercrombie & Fitch Overcome Its Latest Crisis? May 24
AEO Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). American Eagle Outfitters is up 9.08% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 27.96%, Abercrombie & Fitch Company up 44.08%, and Aeropostale down 22.65%.
Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health, its management and competitive advantages. The key financial statements of a company are the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
Pro Ratings for AEO
Pro Report PDF for AEO
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download AEO Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring AEO
Did American Eagle Outfitters make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. (American Eagle) is a US-based specialty retailer of clothes and accessories in the US. The company designs and markets clothing and related accessories, and its product line includes menswear, women's wear, lingerie items, personal care products and accessories. The company sells its own brands including American Eagle Outfitters, Aerie by American Eagle and 77kids by American Eagle. The company operates through 1,103 retail clothing stores across 50 states in the US, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and Canada. The company is headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US. It was founded in 1977 by Mark and Jerry Silverman as a subsidiary of Retail Ventures, Inc., a company which also owned and operated Silverman's Menswear. The Silvermans sold their ownership interests in 1991.