ABAX Key Stats
- Abaxis, Inc. to Present at the Stifel Annual Dental & Veterinary Conference PR Newswire May 21
- Abaxis, Inc. to Present at the Bank of America Merrill Lynch 2013 Health Care Co... May 8
- ABAXIS INC Files SEC form 8-K, Change in Directors or Principal Officers Apr 30
- Top 4 Small-Cap Stocks In The Diagnostic Substances Industry With The Lowest PEG... Apr 30
- 3 Healthcare Stock Winners and 2 Losers After Earnings Are Digested Apr 28
- Abaxis's Earnings Beat Last Year's by 43% Fool Apr 26
- Earnings Beat for ABAX, Sluggish Overall Apr 26
- Earnings Beat for ABAX, Sluggish Overall - Analyst Blog Zacks Apr 26
- Oversold Conditions For Abaxis (ABAX) Apr 26
- ABAXIS CEO Discusses Q4 2013 Results - Earnings Call Transcript Seeking Alpha Apr 25
ABAX Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). Abaxis is up 38.30% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 31.95%, Alere up 42.55%, and Meridian Bioscience up 18.66%.
Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health, its management and competitive advantages. The key financial statements of a company are the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
Income Statement View Statement
Pro Ratings for ABAX
Pro Report PDF for ABAX
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download ABAX Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring ABAX
Did Abaxis make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
Abaxis, Inc. develops, manufactures, markets, and sells portable blood analysis systems for use in veterinary or human patient-care setting to provide blood constituent measurements for clinicians worldwide. The company offers point-of-care blood chemistry analyzer to perform 14 tests on human patients and 13 tests on veterinary patients. It markets the blood analysis system under the Piccolo Xpress and Piccolo Classic names in the medical market; and under the VetScan VS2 and VetScan Classic names in the veterinary market. The company also provides reagent discs to handle various technical steps of blood chemistry testing; and VetScan HM5, VetScan HM2, VetScan HMII, and VetScan HMT hematology instruments for veterinary applications. In addition, its products include VetScan VSpro, which assists in the diagnosis and evaluation of suspected bleeding disorders, toxicity/poisoning, evaluation of disseminated intravascular coagulation, hepatic disease, monitoring therapy, and the progression of disease states. Further, the company offers VetScan VSpro fibrinogen test to provide in-vitro determination of fibrinogen levels in equine platelet poor plasma from a citrated stabilized whole blood sample; and VetScan i-STAT 1 that delivers blood gas, electrolyte, basic blood chemistry, and hematology results. Additionally, its products comprise VetScan Canine heartworm rapid test to detect dirofilaria immitis in canine whole blood, serum, or plasma; VetScan Canine parvovirus rapid test kit to detect canine parvovirus antigen in feces; VetScan Giardia rapid test to detect giardiasis, a gastrointestinal infection caused by the protozoan parasite Giardia; and Orbos Discrete Lyophilization process that involves in flash-freezing a drop of liquid reagent to form a solid bead and then freeze-drying the bead to remove water. Abaxis sells its products through direct sales force and independent distributors. The company was founded in 1989 and is headquartered in Union City, California.